Company will conduct sensible company activities in compliance with laws and in an appropriate manner, as well as contribute to society by providing safe, high-quality products and services.
- We make efforts to provide safe, high-quality products and services.
- In conducting business activities, we pursue fair and free competition in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations including, but not limited to competition and antitrust laws, civil and construction regulations.
- We do not tolerate any bribery or corruption.
- Regarding gift and hospitality involving public officials, customers and suppliers, anywhere in the world, we will not violate any applicable laws and regulations or deviate from local customs and practices.
- We implement appropriate accounting and tax accounting in accordance with relevant laws, accounting standards, and internal regulations.
- We follow applicable laws and regulations related to import and export.
- We handle all confidential information with the utmost care, and respect all intellectual property belonging both to our company as well as other companies.
Our Compliance hotline -
Reporting compliance violations made easy
The compliance whistleblower hotline "Speak Up" enables compliance violations to be reported in a secure manner online or via telephone at any time.
With the launch of the compliance whistleblower hotline "Speak Up" Primetals Technologies has set up a secure way for reporting potential compliance violations. All employees and business partners can provide relevant information online or via telephone at any time. Reports can also be made anonymously to the extent permitted by national regulations.
"Speak Up" can be used by all employees as well as customers and suppliers. The hotline is managed by a third party agent. All data is maintained on secure servers in UK. Primetals Technologies internal whistleblowers are protected by special regulations that protect whistleblowers who make good faith to the best of their knowledge. Intentional reporting of false information, however, is prohibited by law in many countries. The "Speak Up" hotline is available in 22 languages.
"Speak Up" in 22 languages.
Relationship between company and society
We will work to preserve the environment and live in harmony with society as a good corporate citizen.
- We will follow environment-related laws, and work to protect the environment.
- We will disclose information related to management appropriately in a timely manner.
- We will not make political donations exceeding the permitted scope stipulated in the regulations.
- We will respond firmly to organized crime, and will not interact with either individuals or organizations, which have goals incompatible with Primetal Technologies' corporate principles or which would damage Primetals Technologies' reputation.
Yasukuni Yamasaki Chief Executive Officer & Chairman of the Board [Primetals Technologies Ltd.] 1st January 2015
Primetals Technologies is a worldwide leading engineering, plant-building and lifecycle partner for the metals industry. The company offers advanced technology, modernization solutions, products and services, including integrated electrics, automation and environmental systems.
Primetals Technologies continuously challenges its teams to improve management systems and processes in order to guarantee the highest possible quality, environmental, health and safety standards.
Our businesses are required to set objectives and targets and to monitor their results to demonstrate that we are operating an effective integrated management system.
Relationship between company & Customers/Suppliers
AS ONE we
- Foster a company culture with the objective of developing and engineering products, processes and services that are defect-free and safe to both people and the environment
- Deliver the best products and services - considering their entire life cycle - to fulfil our customers’ requirements based on a close interaction with them
- Treat our suppliers as a key player for a successful and sustainable business
Relationship between Company and Employees
AS ONE we
- Consider safety and protection of human health the most important commitment of our management and our employees
- Encourage everyone to demonstrate responsibility for the health and safety of others and the environment through education, training, coaching and effective communication
- Drive continuous improvement in all processes and use best practice and lessons learned to further develop our organization
Relationship between Company and Society
AS ONE we
- Recognize the importance of the observance of laws, rules and regulations and conduct our business in a lawful and appropriate manner
- Use energy efficiently, contribute to climate protection and minimize our impact to the environment in our daily business
- Push continuous improvements in all our processes and apply internal and external best practice and lessons learned to further develop our organization by motivating all employees and managers
All employees and managers are expected to work toward achieving the objectives of this policy.
The Primetals Technologies group acknowledges that paying the correct amount of tax at the right time is important in all countries in which we operate. The group fully complies with global requirements to make timely and accurate tax returns. The group tax policy and strategy is reviewed and approved annually by the Board of Directors, and is fully aligned with the corporate culture of the group.
The current Tax Policy and Strategy can be accessed here.
Please click on the PDF document below to view the Primetals Technologies Limited modern slavery and human trafficking statement for the financial year ending 31 march 2016 pursuant to section 54 of the Modern Slavery Act 2015. This statement has been approved by the Board of Directors of Primetals Technologies Limited.
The Modern Slavery and Human Trafficking Statement can be accessed here.