Company will conduct sensible company activities in compliance with laws, as well as contribute to society by providing safe, high-quality products and services.
- We make efforts to provide safe, high-quality products and services.
- In conducting business activities, we pursue fair and free competition in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
- We do not tolerate any bribery or corruption.
- Regarding gift and hospitality involving public officials, customers and suppliers, anywhere in the world, we will not violate any applicable laws and regulations or deviate from local customs and practices.
- We implement appropriate accounting and tax accounting in accordance with relevant laws, accounting standards, and internal regulations.
- We follow applicable laws and regulations related to import and export.
- We handle all confidential information with the utmost care, and respect intellectual property belonging both to our company as well as other companies.
Speak-up Hotline for whistleblowing
In order to justify the trust placed in our company by customers, partners, shareholders, and employees, the integrity and transparency of our business processes is the top priority.
With the launch of the compliance whistleblower hotline “Speak up” Primetals Technologies has set up a secure way for reporting potential compliance violations.
The Speak-up Hotline is available for all employees in 22 languages as a telephone hotline and an Internet platform. Both contact methods are also available for external stakeholders around the globe.
All reports will be treated as strictly confidential. Reports can also be made anonymously to the extent permitted by national regulations.
The hotline is managed by a third party supplier. All data is maintained on secure servers in the UK.
Primetals Technologies internal whistleblowers are protected by special regulations that make good faith reports to the best of their knowledge. Intentional reporting of false information, however, is prohibited by law in many countries.
You can access the program at primetals.ethicspoint.com,
Compliance is a cornerstone of our competitiveness
An excellent reputation for adhering to the highest ethical business principles is a key asset for long-term partnerships with our customers and business partners in the metals industry. Lawful conduct, fair competition and zero-tolerance toward corruption is an integral part for all our business decisions and activities. Our compliance policies, which are binding worldwide and at all levels of the organization, are the basis for our business philosophy: Only clean business is good business.
Satoru Iijima CEO of Primetals Technologies
Primetals Technologies is a worldwide leading engineering, plant-building and lifecycle partner for the metals industry. The company offers advanced technology, modernization solutions, products and services, including integrated electrics, automation and environmental systems.
Primetals Technologies continuously challenges its teams to improve management systems and processes in order to guarantee the highest possible quality, environmental, health and safety standards.
Our businesses are required to set objectives and targets and to monitor their results to demonstrate that we are operating an effective integrated management system.
Relationship between company & Customers/Suppliers
AS ONE we
- Foster a company culture with the objective of developing and engineering products, processes and services that are defect-free and safe to both people and the environment
- Deliver the best products and services - considering their entire life cycle - to fulfil our customers’ requirements based on a close interaction with them
- Treat our suppliers as a key player for a successful and sustainable business
Relationship between Company and Employees
AS ONE we
- Consider safety and protection of human health the most important commitment of our management and our employees
- Encourage everyone to demonstrate responsibility for the health and safety of others and the environment through education, training, coaching and effective communication
- Drive continuous improvement in all processes and use best practice and lessons learned to further develop our organization
Relationship between Company and Society
AS ONE we
- Recognize the importance of the observance of laws, rules and regulations and conduct our business in a lawful and appropriate manner
- Use energy efficiently, contribute to climate protection and minimize our impact to the environment in our daily business
- Push continuous improvements in all our processes and apply internal and external best practice and lessons learned to further develop our organization by motivating all employees and managers
All employees and managers are expected to work toward achieving the objectives of this policy.
The Primetals Technologies group acknowledges that paying the correct amount of tax at the right time is important in all countries in which we operate. The group fully complies with global requirements to make timely and accurate tax returns. The group tax policy and strategy is reviewed and approved annually by the Board of Directors, and is fully aligned with the corporate culture of the group.
The current Tax Policy and Strategy can be accessed here.
Please click on the PDF document below to view the Primetals Technologies Limited modern slavery and human trafficking statement for the financial year ending 31 march 2018 pursuant to section 54 of the Modern Slavery Act 2015. This statement has been approved by the Board of Directors of Primetals Technologies Limited.
The Modern Slavery and Human Trafficking Statement can be accessed here.