Technology, Maintenance and Repair of Hot Rolling Steel Mill Special DrivesClassroom Training
This one-day training course provides participants with a comprehensive insight into drive technology in the field of hot rolling long (bar, rod, sections, and rails).
Hosted by a Primetals Technologies expert in gearing technology, you will learn all about gearboxes for horizontal and vertical steel mill drives, encompassing the detailed design of state-of-the-art gearboxes, monitoring under specific operating conditions, as well as aspects of service and repair.
Participants will improve their understanding of the detailed layout and function of the special drives, and will be able to identify problems as well as plan and execute any required maintenance or proper repairing of the gearboxes in hot rolling steel mills. On completion of the course, participants will be in a position to significantly contribute to increased rolling mill availability.
Mechanical/maintenance engineers and technicians in hot rolling steel mills requiring detailed knowledge of drive technology
- Understanding of different gear layouts in a hot rolling mill
- Monitoring of gear drives and ability to detect problems
- Learning the most likely causes of gearbox problems
- Scheduling maintenance or handling repairs on demand
- Performing scheduled maintenance or repair works under time pressure
- Scheduled checks and testing after maintenance or repair