Casting Technology: Focus - Strand GuideClassroom Training
This one-day training provides a widely comprehensive course in the process-technological backgrounds of the continuous casting of flat products (slabs), from the commencement of solidification in the mold up to total solidification. The technological process - as well as the relevant process parameters and characteristics related to their interaction, influences and effects - will be explained.
Particular attention is paid to the influence of the process parameters on the molds and strand guide segments, from the vertical segment to the bow and straightener segments up to the horizontal segments and the associated automation. The critical aspects of strand mechanics and the role of elastoplasticity and material creep in high temperature ranges will be discussed. Basic information regarding steel chemistry, steel metallurgy, fluid dynamics and thermodynamics are included as useful, applicable and required knowledge for a better understanding of the technological core processes.
Maintenance engineers, process operators, foremen, employees in casting maintenance-workshops as well as casting maintenance and servicing personnel
- Principles of solidification and strand mechanics
- Core technological factors and process variables
- Engineering, machinery, and strand guidance
- Mold technology
- Bending and straightening
- Casting metallurgy basics
- Solidification, fluid dynamics, and heat transfer
- Start and finish of continuous casting
- Handling, maintenance, and operational aspects