Continuous Casting Optimization - Advanced Models SuiteClassroom Training
This course offers a comprehensive training for the Continuous Casting (CC) optimization model suite of DynaPhase (calculation of temperature dependent material properties), Dynacs 3D (dynamic secondary cooling system with 3-dimensional temperature profile), and DynaGap Soft Reduction®3D (fast thickness change for improved quality). Nozzle Expert can be offered as part of the course, at the client’s choice.
The Dynacs3D setup - with its thermal tracking model and set point calculation model - the setup of the DynaGap Soft Reduction 3D and its interaction with the Dynaphase model are explained for a better understanding of the model suite and its benefits brought to your caster production. The main focus is on the creation and tuning of cooling and gaps, flexible maintenance and system setup for off-line tuning and simulation prior to its release to the production system. The handling of the powerful built-in offline simulation package will be presented as well.
Process engineers, metallurgists, process operators as well as programmers and administrators
- Basic model suite background information
- Pre-calculation and examination of steel grade properties
- Cooling control setup (configuration of cooling and other settings, releasing to production)
- Gap control setup (configuration of gaps and other settings, releasing to production)
- Setup simulation system on the PC
- Simulation (dynamic simulation, script file simulation)
- HMI system (user interface)
- Operation (situation handling)
- Customer related questions