Electric arc furnace and ladle furnace designClassroom Training
The course aims to show plant operators and maintenance team the basic conceptual design of an electric arc furnace (EAF) and the ladle furnace (LF) equipment. The design of the furnace transformer and electrode regulation system is decisive for a good performance of the equipment and will be demonstrated in this course.
The main components of the furnaces will be analyzed and the basic concepts of the mechanical design will be discussed. Following the demonstration of the main components design, the furnace performances key figures are shown.
The electrical/chemical energy balance will be demonstrated and analyzed. Plant optimization figures will be shown.
Process engineers, metallurgists, process operators, maintenance team
- Introduction to electrical steelmaking
- Electrical energy: primary and secondary lines
- Chemical energy in arc furnaces
- EAF components
- LF components
- Furnace performance definition
- Process key figure definition and calculation
- Maintenance of electrical arc furnace and/or ladle furnace
To learn more about this classroom training, download the course program here.