Product/Process Failure Mode And Effect AnalysisClassroom Training
Participants will learn how to recognize product defects as well as defects in the production process at an early stage and analyze and minimize risks, which will result in higher customer satisfaction.
Product failures that occur prior to delivery mean losing money. Delivery of defective products to customers might lead to contract termination and/or lawsuits. FMEA can be used for existing, future or scheduled products in order to prevent non-conformity costs, and keep customers satisfied. FMEA is particularly helpful in new product development.
– FMEA is a systematic tool used in failure analysis in order to identify a faulty component, product, or design problems (failure modes, their causes and effects).
– FMEA is a forward logic analysis with the focus on eliminating or minimizing identified product faults before they actually occur.
– FMEA results are based on experience with similar products or on common physics of failure logic for each component, product, or design.
– FMEA is mainly a qualitative analysis (evaluation of failures and risks is performed on a point system, not in financial figures).
Mechanics and fluids technicians, quality managers, quality assurance and quality control personnel, maintenance managers, project managers, project coordinators, segment managers, department managers
- FMEA set-up
- FMEA preparation (document scans)
- Preparation of function analyses
- Function analyses
- Failure Mode and Effect Analyses
- Risk calculation/evaluation (RPN)
- Optimization of evaluated risks for components/products/designs
- Optimization (improvements) of components/products/designs