Technology, Maintenance and Repair of Hot Rolling Steel Mill Special DrivesClassroom Training
This one day training provides participants with a comprehensive knowledge in drive technology in the field of hot rolling long (bar, rod, sections and rails).
An expert in gearing technology will supply all necessary information about gearboxes for horizontal and vertical steel mill drives, from explaining the detailed design of state-of-the-art gearboxes and monitoring under operating conditions to provide the best service and repair if required.
The participants will improve their understanding of the detailed layout and function of the special drives through this training and will be able to identify problems as well as plan and execute any required maintenance or proper repairing of the gearboxes in the hot rolling steel mill.
After finishing in the training, they will be better committed to their responsibility of increasing the availability of the rolling mill.
Mechanical/Maintenance engineers and technicians in hot rolling steel mills requiring knowledge in their drive technology
- Understanding of different gear layouts in a hot rolling mill
- Monitoring of gear drives and acquireing the ability to detect problems
- Learning the most likely cause of gearbox problems
- Scheduling maintenance or handling repairs on demand
- Performing scheduled maintenance or repair under time pressure
- Scheduled checks and testing after maintenance or repair