Addressed to product-cost based markets, WinLink reduces the requirements of both the capital and operation expenditures. A reduction of the total final product cost is provided through high-level technological solutions in compact installation. A micro-size smart plant has become more than competitive to the traditional larger Mini Mills. WinLink is the innovative technology for endless or semi-endless production of long products from liquid steel without interruption. A high-speed caster is directly linked to a high-availability rolling mill, where the conventional billet furnace is replaced by an advanced induction unit, resulting in a compact and energy efficient production line. WinLink enables low investment expenditures, reduced transformation costs, significant energy savings, higher yield, smaller land requirements and reduced emissions of carbon dioxide. It represents the excellent solution to replace existing lines or to enter into new market areas.
WinLink direct rolling
WinLink permits the endless or semi-endless direct-rolling of long products from liquid steel without interruption. A high-speed caster is directly linked to a high-availability rolling mill, where the conventional billet furnace is replaced by an advanced induction unit. With smaller transformation costs, significant energy savings, higher yield, smaller land requirements and reduced emissions of carbon dioxide, a WinLink micro-size Mini Mill can be as competitive and attractive as a larger traditional Mini Mill.
Advantages of WinLink over a conventional Mini Mill
- Smaller footprint and reduced civil works
- Fewer equipment and lower infrastructure requirements.
- Lower consumption of energy, fluids and consumables
- Higher yield and reduced incidence of cobbles
- Lower scale formation, no short bars or bar crops
- Lower inventories and working capital
- Fewer operating personnel
- Finished rolled products produced from scrap in less than 2 hours.
- Energy savings
- Lower emissions of carbon dioxide and smaller water consumption
- Softer visual impact of plant, with smaller buildings and lower usage of land
Fig.1- WinLink rolling mill
GPH Ispat, Chittagong, Bangladesh
Type of plant
A new Mini Mill with Quantum Electrical Arc Furnace and WinLink endless rolling technology
640,000 tons per year of bars and sections
The WinLink directly connects the high-speed caster with the rolling line, replacing the conventional reheating furnace with an induction furnace
The production is done with a virtually uninterrupted casting and rolling sequence, from scrap to finished bars in a short time and with low conversion costs