Primetals Technologies offers comprehensive consulting services and technical assistance as part of an operational support package. Our team of technology and maintenance specialists is always on hand to guide customers, advise on any particular metallurgical process that can be optimized, and to help streamline workflows and maintenance procedures. This can lead to the realization of large-scale projects such as the production of new and advanced steel grades. We have a track record of over 1,000 successfully implemented service projects encompassing web-based training sessions and comprehensive on-site assistance, all geared toward making sure steel plants and their workforce can operate at their absolute best.
Key data at your fingertips
Primetals Technologies’ consulting and technical assistance services are offered mainly on site at customers’ plants. They encompass data analysis as well as assessments of the technological and economic performance of existing operations and maintenance workflows, including:
- Plant and equipment condition and performance evaluation
- Feasibility studies
- Recommendations for improvements
Primetals Technologies can provide key data to:
- Plant and equipment investments
- Enhancing productivity of installed capacity
- Increasing product quality
- Expanding the product mix
- Cost analysis, feasibility, and prioritization
Fig.1- On-site consulting
Fig.2- Technical assistance
Fig.3- Plant performance evaluation
Tailor made training programs
The training courses offered by Primetals Technologies are designed to familiarize customers with plant and equipment design, with the ultimate goal of improving overall plant performance. Our training programs are tailor-made to customers’ requirements.
- Plant operation
- Plant maintenance
- Plant electric & automation
- Theoretical training in classrooms at Primetals Technologies
- On-site training at customer’s plant, including classroom sessions combined with plant visits
- Visits to our sub-suppliers’ plants.
- Practical training for maintenance staff at Primetals Technologies’ workshops
Want to know more? Go to m.academy
Fig.1- Training is tailored to customers' needs
Fig.2- m.academy—the online training platform
Fig.3- Continuous casting training
Metalloinvest Management Company LLC, Russia
Type of plant
Midrex direct reduction plant
Midrex and Primetals Technologies were responsible not only for engineering and the supply of mechanical and electrical equipment, steel structure, piping, and ductwork, but also for training and advisory services. Training encompassed methods of condition-based maintenance, maintenance planning, plant performance evaluation, and troubleshooting for furnace and reformer/heat recovery.