At first glance, software in the steel industry is not always visible. However, software has been used in steel factories for the control and process optimization for decades – and it will become even more important in the future, especially due to constantly growing environmental regulations, the demanded decrease of CO2 emissions, the ongoing digital transformation, etc.
During this webinar participants gain valuable insights on how essential and value adding software is in the worldwide steel industry. The production of steel is a very complex process and software supports to manage this complexity in many different aspects (e.g. Digital Twins, Artificial Intelligence, Data Analytics etc.).
Get inspired by an industry, where software development is a “mission critical asset” that can change the world (of steel).
Wednesday, 18 November 2020, 18:00-19:00 (CET)
- Software engineering students
- Young software developers
- Learn about the relevance of software in the production of steel from one of the worldwide leading automation and digitalization partners of steel industry
- Gain insights into an industry, where software is a “mission critical asset”
- Get to know about the implications for software development and software developers in steel industry
- Experience a business, where software can change the world (of steel)
Head of Industry 4.0, Primetals Technologies
Kurt Herzog has been with the company for 20 years and focuses on automation efforts that make the total complexity of steel-plant operation more manageable.