Primetals Technologies is able to supply high-performance finishing lines thanks to the special equipment assembled and tested in our workshop: Tension Leveler, Skin-Pass Mill, Side Trimmer, and Shears, which can be coupled with upstream processes and inspection systems. These lines are aimed at processing semi-finished products for all types of application: construction, household appliances, or automotive products. Frequently positioned after strip processing lines, such as pickling, galvanizing, painting or annealing, these lines will incorporate, on-demand, various processes to ensure your products have the required added value.
RECOILING AND LEVELING LINES
Primetals Technologies designs and implements different solutions according to the customer's market (steel grades, gauges, coatings, throughput, quality grade, etc.) and production upstream facilities. Based on the above considerations and additional customer constraints, the most suitable solution will be proposed.
Various combinations of processes can also be considered to optimize your production:
- Tension Leveling and inspection lines
- Continuous Skin-Pass Mill and inspection lines
- Side Trimming and inspection lines
- Recoiling Lines
Other finishing lines can be offered with partners: slitting lines, cut-to-length lines, packaging lines.
Mechatronic machines for Recoiling and Leveling Lines
In-house mechatronic machines designed, assembled and tested in our Primetals Technologies workshops:
- Hot Skin-Pass Mill or cold Skin-Pass Mill
- Tension Leveling machine
- PropertyMon to allow continuous Inline Mechanical properties measurement
- Turret-type Side Trimmer with flying width adjustment, EdgeMon® (edge monitoring), and Scrap Chopper
- Eccentric flying shear as alternate to guillotine shear or rotary shear
Complete automation and process control for Recoiling and Leveling Lines
The efficient and uninterrupted production of high-quality value-added products in strip-processing lines can only be assured by the application of advanced automation and process-control systems. This is particularly true for seamlessly linked processing lines where the varying speeds of the individual plant facilities have to be optimized to ensure best product quality and maximum output.
Our portfolio of solutions includes the following systems and models:
- Advanced Pickling Set-Point Model for best pickling result at high throughput
- Automatic Strip-Quality Detection System to gather and classify all quality data
- Steel Quality Manager to document quality of discrete strip segment
- Adaptive Elongation Control to achieve closest elongation tolerances
- Closed-Loop Galvannealing Process Control to control the iron content in galvannealed coatings
- Fully Automatic Pickling Liquor Analysis and Control to ensure optimal pickling results
- Reproducible and consistently high product quality
- Higher product yields and output
- Full transparency of all process and quality-relevant data
- Reduced maintenance with automatic diagnostic systems
- Process simulation and thorough pretesting of entire automation system
- Fast line start-up