Primetals Technologies values long-term lifecycle partnerships and is dedicated to ensuring that a steel/metals producer’s operation runs smoothly, at all times. Our vast range of electrics and automation service solutions is designed to support every operational phase in iron and steel production. These solutions encompass service contracts, consulting and software and hardware engineering, management of maintenance activities, including migration and upgrade strategies. The global set-up of the Primetals Technologies EA service team is your first port of call for all plant operation issues, and our services are specifically geared toward minimizing downtime, reducing operational costs, increasing availability and productivity, and ensuring the safety of staff.
PROFITABILITY THROUGHOUT THE ENTIRE LIFECYCLE OF YOUR PLANT
To ensure the steady output of high-quality products, highest productivity, and maximum flexibility in terms of production, it is essential to optimize your electrics and automation solutions on a regular basis. Periodic maintenance must be carried out in order to avoid unplanned shutdowns, which usually result in expensive production losses.
Advantages of having Primetals Technologies as your electrics and automation service partner:
- Global presence, providing access to the Primetals Technologies electrics, automation, and digitalization expert pool
- Increased plant availability thanks to reliable and proven automation solutions
- Electrics and automation services tailor-made to your specific needs
- Spare-part expertise for electrical components and automation solutions from a single source
- Upgrade, migration, and/or modernization of existing automation systems
- Access to our e-services platform m.space to simplify your maintenance processes, accelerate the flow of information, and reduce costs
- Creation of synergies through long-term partnerships
RELIABLE SUPPORT WHENEVER YOU NEED IT
Annual electrics and automation service contracts provide you with access to fast and competent support. Metals producers can tap into our comprehensive knowledge of automation systems, software architecture, and metallurgical processes. Local Primetals Technologies engineers are often involved in the project phase of major investments, which means they are well qualified to provide technical support at short notice, once the installed solutions are up and running.
Modules of a service contract
- Dependable service on demand:
Contractually guaranteed availability of experts and fast response times, highest levels of security for your production via remote connection.
- Service on working days:
Direct access to experts during Primetals Technologies office hours, enabling seamless production on working days using cutting-edge digital technologies.
- Service credits:
Purchase a set number of working hours as credits and spend them on your electrics and automation services needs.
- System adaptations and modifications:
Production is subject to continuous minor changes, so small modifications and incremental upgrades (included in your service contract) help to keep your system performing at its best.
- Condition check for your automation system:
Keep your plant automation in “good shape“ and get an early indication of potential weak points.
- Priority access to entire key expert pool at Primetals Technologies: electrics, mechatronics, mathematics, physics, automation, digitalization, data analytics, etc.
- Your contact persons will usually have been involved in project execution, so they will already be familiar with your plant
- Fast response time
IMPROVED PRODUCTIVITY AND GREATER FLEXIBILITY
Once the decision has been made to invest in a new optimization, automation, or digitalization solution for a steel plant, it is crucial that planned resources are utilized efficiently, that project execution can be flexibly adapted to changing conditions, and that costs remain within the approved budget.
Primetals Technologies makes extensive use of remote services to digitalize project execution, commissioning, and the support of projects for the metals industry. The demand for shorter time-to-market and faster just-in-time delivery of raw materials and services, coupled with ever stricter environmental and safety regulations, means that metals producers are facing a continuous economic challenge. Primetals Technologies works closely with metals producers to evaluate which kinds of services are most suitable for adding value to a project.
- Remote project management
- Remote commissioning
- Smart assistance via smart glasses with Augmented Reality technology
- Augmented Reality data and documentation with m.ario (part of our e-services platform m.space)
- Greater flexibility during commissioning, e.g. faster adaptation possible thanks to remote connection
- Reduced unproductive times
- Permanent and fast access to complete digital technical documentation
- All experts involved can collaborate and participate online from anywhere in the world
- Precise and efficient problem-solving with Augmented Reality