Markets served by customers include transport, construction and packaging. An accurate mill setup is crucial for meeting quality requirements. For this reason, Primetals Technologies cold rolling mills use physical on-line process models. Our solutions also feature fully integrated process control, automation and drive systems using industry-standard platforms to allow for optimum rolling results at any time.
An accurate mill setup is crucial for meeting quality requirements. For this reason, Primetals Technologies cold rolling mills use physical on-line process models. Our solutions also feature fully integrated process control, automation and drive systems using industry-standard platforms to allow for optimum rolling results at any time.
An integrated solution
With an integrated solution, benefits include maximized production, optimum yield, tight tolerances for strip quality, flatness and thickness as well as production flexibility. This provides a series of features which contribute to minimizing downtime whilst providing low cost plant operation and maintenance. The cold rolling solution is dictated by the specific process and material finish requirements.
Our cold mill portfolio and experience comprises:
- Breakdown mills
- Thin-strip mills
- Tandem mills ( Two, three & four stand)
- Foil mills
- Our mills provide both strip breakdown reduction and finishing capability, offering flexibility for the production of a wide product range from a single mill configuration.
- The fully integrated automation and drive enables automated equipment sequencing for efficient mill operation.
- We are a single source supplier for mechanical, electrical and automation equipment.
- Our cutting edge technologies help improve quality significantly.
- Modular automation packages allow you to fine-tune your processes to fit your current needs.
Primetals Technologies offers a full range of mill stand technologies including:
- Patented actuator technology (Universal Crown Mill (UCM) Six High, Dynamic Shape Roll)
- Edge wipe strip drying
- Roll coolant filters
- Integral Solenoid Valve (ISV) spray bars
- Vapor Shield fume cleaning and rolling oil recovery
- Schneider Filter
- Heavy Duty Airbearing Shapemeter and Airbearing Shapemeter rolls
- Fara Oiler
- Hot Edge Sprays
- Induction Heating
- A range of flatness sensors to suit your particular product.
Continuous improvements of the quality of rolled aluminum products together with increasing demands regarding mill uptime and productivity are strongly supported by the developments and enhanced functionality of our applications for rolling mills. Technological controls and process models are the core of our modern automation concept for improved product quality with maximized utilization of the mechanical, electrical, hydraulic and other controlled equipment.
- World class thickness and flatness tolerances
- Less off-gauge material
- Maximum throughput and availabillity
Scalable Technological Control Systems
Highly standardized packages with modular design and defined interfaces.
- Short delivery times
- Fast start-up
- High product quality and highest yield
- Modular design (new mills, upgrades, extensions and revamps)
- Ready for Industry 4.0
Integrated Digital Drive Systems
With full capability of technological and diagnostic performance for drive control using high speed multi-microprocessors. Flexible applications cover the wide range of power and voltage ratings.
Technological controls and process models
are highly standardized in our Technological Control System (TCS). The range of functions available includes online process models for precise mill set-up for fast and smooth acceleration and max. throughput. It further includes all relevant gauge and flatness control algorithms for all thickness ranges and alloys.
Primetals Technologies has successfully automated Aluminum Cold Mills all over the world, cooperating with world-class Aluminum producers. Our references cover all mill types for Aluminium Cold Rolling.