02. - 04.08.2022
8th International Congress on the Science and Technology of Steelmaking (ICS)
Among key topics on the event’s agenda are:
- Key regions of the world: EU, Middle East, Asia, China — what is going on with the demand for steel and raw materials; global trends and expectations. Drivers of the demand and prices for raw materials Government response to sharp price fluctuations in the steel industry; global implications. Forecasted impact on world balances
- Changing global logistics flows of raw materials, challenges and prospects for transport infrastructure CIS market players' strategies
- Pricing in the iron ore and coal markets Evolution of prices and premiums; Pricing methodology approaches; Pros and cons of spot and formula pricing
- Global alternatives for Russian iron ore producers, quality / prices, product line expansion options
- Hot-briquetted iron (HBI) as a new raw material for the new metallurgy; Prospects and potential challenges of raw materials provision for production
- Is there an increased premium for better iron ore quality – Shaping a sound stance on premium system: Looking from different angles - Supplier / Buyer
- Methodology for determining the metallurgical value of varying quality raw materials: Applicability in pricing; Differences in Russian and global approaches; Quality and processing depth premiums, identifying fundamental and spot factors
- Environmentally-driven restrictions in the metallurgical market; Emission quotas, green energy, and their impact on metallurgical business models
- Technologies for efficiently enriching metallurgical raw materials - Iron ore, HBI & Coal
- Financial and strategic investors in the raw materials market; Cost optimization and benchmarking in mining companies.
One of Latin America's largest technical and scientific events in the fields of metallurgy, materials, and mining goes into its sixth edition this year. The event in the Pro Magno Convention Center in São Paulo is held by ABM, the Brazilian Metallurgy, Materials, and Mining Association. Visitors can join technical and plenary sessions, panels, and round tables. Included in the program are awards, homages, cocktails, and other opportunities as well. Come to Brazil and join us from June 8-10!Read more
This Highlights Symposium will feature presentations by selected speakers in each of the 9 main technical themes of Galvatech 2021.
Together with these speakers, a panel discussion on recent and interesting developments in each theme will be held, including audience participation. Each time period will include only 1 theme, with the intention of maximizing in-person technical discussion and exchange between participants that we have greatly missed in the recent months.
We also hope to attract young engineers, who have missed chances for in-person networking and exchange during the past months, and motivate their work in the field of zinc and zinc alloy coated sheet sheet science and engineering.
The Galvatech 2021 Best Student Paper Award, selected by the Galvatech 2021 International Advisory Board, will be presented at the conference banquet.
A tour of one of the advanced galvanizing lines at voestalpine Stahl Linz will be given on the afternoon of the second day of the conference.
The 8th International Congress on the Science and Technology of Steelmaking (ICS) will be hosted by the Association for Iron & Steel Technology (AIST) in Portland, Ore., USA, during 2-4 August 2022, Sheraton Hotel, Montreal, Canada. The ICS conference will provide a forum for academic and industrial researchers to present their work on topics in process metallurgy, particularly those related to steel production, refining and casting.Read more
Two conferences at one location - the 8th ECIC and 9th ICSTI will bring together a wide range of experts, coming from plant operation, plant suppliers, universities and research institutes, who share expertise in:
- Industry 4.0 in ironmaking
- Sintering and Pelletising
- Direct reduction and Smelting reduction
- Blast furnace ironmaking
Both events will provide a forum for best practise and state of the art technology, new developments, new ideas and research results.Read more
The world's leading trade show and B2B platform for the aluminum industry and its main application industries - the show focuses on solutions for automotive, mechanical engineering, building and construction, aerospace, electronics, packaging and transportation.
As the industry's most important platform, ALUMINIUM brings together producers, processors, end consumers and technology suppliers along the entire value chain from more than 100 countries.
The joint conferences aim at creating an opportunity for a technical exchange at an international level among the numerous experts involved in the steelmaking to inform on the latest technical achievements in all production phases and the environmental benefits of steel utilization. The 9th European Oxygen Steelmaking Conference (EOSC) will relate to the specific requirements of oxygen steelmaking. The 6th European Conference on Clean Technologies (CTSI) will provide a forum for researchers and steel manufacturers on environmental and energy aspects in iron and steelmaking. About 700 experts are expected to attend both events which will showcase best practices, state-of-the-art technology and the latest research.Read more