Compact and modularly designed slab casters from Primetals Technologies, well proven in more than 400 references worldwide, are distinguished by advanced technological packages and highest-quality casting equipment and components. Individual solutions can be developed to meet specific customer requirements – from minor component upgrades to full turnkey slab caster projects. The capability to cast a wide range of steel grades, slab thicknesses and slab widths on the same casting machine allows producers to quickly adapt to changing market demands.
In the past five years, Primetals Technologies has supplied 45% of all new slab casters worldwide and carried out over 65% of all slab caster upgrading projects. Compact and modularly designed slab casters from Primetals Technologies feature the world’s most advanced technological packages as well as special casting equipment and components. Primetals Technologies' modular approach allows us to find solutions to fit our client needs – from minor component upgrades to turnkey projects throughout the whole process of slab casting.
Profit from the main benefits of Primetals Technologies' slab casting solutions:
- Top quality and productivity coupled with increased yield
- Connect & Cast packages ensuring rapid ramp-ups
- High flexibility with regard to product requirements
- Service and support from plant start-up through the entire lifecycle of the plant
Primetals Technologies’ slab casters include SmartMold with DynaWidth hydraulic width adjustment, DynaFlex Oscillator, Smart Segments and DynaGap Soft Reduction, as well as integrated automation and quality control systems.
Sophisticated automation packages are prerequisite for state-of-the-art quality steelmaking. Primetals Technologies has always been a driver of innovation in this area, especially also providing expert technological packages and models that cover all aspects of the continuous casting process.
This capability is impressively demonstrated by recent advancements in automation solutions from Primetals Technologies that include: DynaPhase, Dynacs 3D, and DynaGap Soft Reduction 3D. This state-of-the-art suite of dynamic secondary cooling and soft-reduction packages take into account thermodynamic effects such as shrinkage and phase transitions, and thereby significantly contribute to direct quality improvements during the solidification phase in the continuous casting process.
The Mold Expert breakout predetection system increases plant availability and decreases maintenance time by prompt alarming. Thanks to its superior performance the Mold Expert system has become the world’s leading system for mold monitoring, with close to 200 installations worldwide. In addition to breakout prevention, Mold Expert provides an ever increasing number of expert packages that are used to detect possible surface defects and inform operators about challenging casting conditions.
The well proven LevCon mold level control package adapts reliably and extremely quickly to mold level fluctuations and changing casting conditions. This is made possible by advanced model-based control algorithms that can actually look into the near future to avoid disturbances in the control loop. Unsteady bulging is actively suppressed by a powerful algorithm based on modern control theory. The intelligent interaction between the advanced software and highly robust mechanical components improves safety and brings plant operators one step closer to fully automatic casting operation.
Further highlighted technological packages and process experts
- DynaWidth – Width adjustment with highest accuracy and fast speed
- Quality Expert - A milestone in improved quality supervision, quality prediction and control
- Yield Expert – Cut length/weight optimization for minimized scrap and optimized yield
- Intermix Expert - Precisely determination of the mixing area of two different grades on the strand
- Nozzle Expert - Highest accuracy in detecting clogged nozzles and broken hoses
- Speed Expert – Optimal casting speed for increased throughput and improved quality
Benefits of Hiper Coat:
- Unmatched Versatility
- Optimized to Increase Service Life
- Customized to meet Operational Conditions
- Perfectly Suited for any Continuous Caster Application
The Hiper Coat Advantage:
- Hardness can be transitioned anywhere on the plate within its range
- Coating profile can be any thickness and geometry
- Similar conductivity as all other nickel alloys.