The Continuous Annealing Lines from Primetals Technologies feature a flexible, multi-zone furnace capable of processing a broad range of steel grades and dimensions at very high speeds. Line equipment includes fully automatic coil handling, highly efficient strip-cleaning, Skin-Pass Mill, Side Trimmer, state-of-the-art drives, and automation solutions.
CONTINUOUS ANNEALING LINE
The Continuous Annealing Line is a unique solution that enables large-scale production of the highest strip quality in respect of the most difficult steel grades to be annealed. We offer the best technologies for furnace, line equipment, and automation, and our extensive process expertise allows us to meet the expectations of our clients. These solutions are reliable and optimized in terms of operation and maintenance costs.
- Numerous references and many years of experience
- Global expertise
- Internal solutions for Mechanical, Furnace, Automation, and In-house mechatronic machines
Furnace and cooling section
- Flexibility to produce the most advanced steel grades in the industry
- High efficiency, radiant tube furnace utilizing accurate temperature control with advanced thermal models
- Transverse flux induction system enables higher temperature thermal cycles, reduces radiant tube furnace load, and eases transition control
- Patented high hydrogen, rapid cooling achieves 120C/sec/mm utilizing patent-pending T-nozzle plenums ensuring uniform temperature profile across the strip width
Mechatronic machines for Continuous Annealing Lines
In-house mechatronic machines designed, assembled and tested in our Primetals Technologies workshops:
- Skin-Pass Mill (4-high or 6-high), Tension Leveler (more than 400 references worldwide)
- PropertyMon Inline Mechanical properties gauge
- Turret-type Side Trimmer with flying width adjustment, EdgeMon® (edge monitoring), and Scrap Chopper
Complete automation and process control for Continuous Annealing Lines
Plant productivity and product quality are substantially depending on the quality of plant automation, process control, and available process optimization functions. Primetals Technologies
has successfully provided EA solutions for 44 continuous annealing lines worldwide within the last 15 years with ultimate process conditions and strip quality across the line.
Our focus is on the continuous improvement of the following requirements.
Final Product Quality Certification
- Process data recording
- Product classification report
Production and Plant Condition Monitoring
- Process equipment condition monitoring
- Bridle slippage detection and preventive control
- High accuracy flying shear control
- Flexible coil schedule and coil split function
- Intelligent looper filling strategy
- Cutting program optimization
- Speed Optimization System
Fig.1- Integrated Plant Safety Control System
Lifecycle Services — improve performance while reducing costs
Service and support from a single source – fast, experienced, reliable
As your lifecycle partner, we provide you with comprehensive operational support, which helps you operate your plant at the lowest cost possible. Our portfolio includes maintenance and repair services as well as the fast delivery of original manufacturer components, produced in-house according to the highest standards of quality.
We fully integrate maintenance organizations into our customers’ organizations, thereby proving what it means to be a true lifecycle partner. The result of this win-win relationship between steel plant operators and Primetals Technologies is continuous improvement in equipment performance, product quality, and total cost of ownership.
Our customers can rely on fast and uncomplicated support in the event of an unexpected component breakdown, wherever their facility may be located. Backed by global resources and a worldwide supplier chain, we can promptly provide you with top-quality original spare and wear parts at competitive prices. We keep a range of key parts in stock to ensure their fast availability.
Want to know more? Go to Primetals Technologies Lifecycle Services Site
|PropertyMon||Inline measurement of steel strip properties|
|Mulitpas||Physical equipment for simulation of annealing process|
|EdgeMon||Inspection of side-trimmed strip edge surface for steel pickling and processing lines and aluminum rolling|
|Flying Width Changing (FWC) side trimmer||Innovative solution for efficient and accurate side trimming|
Tosyali Toyo Steel Co. Inc.
Continuous Annealing Line
Annual capacity: 240,000 tons
Strip thickness: 0.16 - 0.8 mm
Exit Strip width: 700 - 1270 mm
Exit Speed (Max): 500 m/min
The vertical-type annealing furnace consists of pre-heating (PHS), heating (HS), soaking (SS), first-cooling (1CS), second-cooling (2CS) and third-cooling (3CS) sections, all developed by Primetals Technologies. The annealing furnace is designed to flexibly produce T1 through T5. A compact-type tension leveler is installed after the cleaning section in order to correct material strip-shape deviations. This is important to ensure smooth and reliable operation in the annealing furnace, even at a maximum line speed of 500 m/min.