Advanced ECL technology provides outstanding coils cleanliness before the coils reach the downstream batch annealing furnace to obtain perfect surface cleanliness. This type of line could also be used as coil buildup line. Modules such as payoff reel, shear, welder, cleaning section, etc. are common with galvanizing lines.
- Cleaning section
- Improved technology of different cleaning section design (spray, “V” shape and electrolytic, vertical tank and electrolytic)
- A “cleaning solution” is supplied, not just a cleaning section
- Cleaning design for fast and efficient strip cleaning
- Fully automated line presetting and program change for increased yield and throughput capacity
- Integrated environmental solutions
- Optimization of utilities consumption
Primetals Technologies has developed and implemented the best technologies of cleaning (immersion, type of brushes, type for electrolysis, rinsing) in terms of:
- Investments costs
- Operating cost
- Environmental impact
- Design optimized to suit application
- Easy maintenance and operation due to ideal equipment design
Primetals Technologies has vast experience in upgrading and modernization of processing lines. With a systematic approach, we work closely with our customers to develop a tailored modernization concept based on their individual needs taking all boundary conditions fully into account. The solution may be purely electrical, automated, mechanical or a combination. Based on the selected concept, the modernization can be carried out in several steps or during a plant shutdown. Primetals Technologies’ experience minimizes downtimes and ensures a fast start-up and top quality.
Fig.1- Cleaning section
Fig.2- Tank detail of a cleaning line
For Electrolytic Cleaning Lines, Primetals Technologies offers the state of the art MashLap welding machine ranging from 0.1 to 3.5 mm offering a great service for money for your processing line. With their real-time feedback of the welding quality with quality control systems and our innovative condition monitoring system detecting deviations from the normal state conditions to enable preventive maintenance measures, Primetals Technologies offers you fully automatic welding machines requiring no operator assistance, with an increased welder reliability (over 99 %). The user-friendly HMI enables an easy operation and the easy access to the components enables an easy maintenance with long service life.
Vertical or Horizontal Electrolytic Cleaning section
Strip cleanliness is essential in the coating process to allow a good layer adhesion onto the strip surface. Oil and fines are removed thanks to adequate cleaning definition in association with process technology. Primetals Technologies has optimized cleaning section technology according to the incoming strip and coated products. Thanks to the improved technology of different cleaning section designs (spray, “V” shape and electrolytic, vertical tank and electrolytic), our electrolytic cleaning section help you optimize the consumption of utilities and reduce waste.
The perfect tool to guarantee you a defect-free surface condition of the processed steel strip. SIAS will detect and identify critical defects, for deep-drawing applications such as fine slivers, holes or scratches, as well as coating defects. The tiniest defects such as arc spots, may be detected even at maximum speed. SIAS® picks up all major surface defects early in pickling lines before the value adding processes. It provides warnings on pickling issues. A result of SIAS® is that the pickling speed can be optimized. On coupled pickling line-tandem mills, additional benefits can be expected from an early detection of defects right before cold rolling: the potentially harmful defects are reported to the mill operator who can take action (slow down or open stands), eliminating defects-induced strip breaks.
Inspection speeds are ranged easily up to 1,200 mpm for hot mill applications.
All above are made possible thanks to the most advanced technology available in the market - line scan cameras, Prewitt based convolution filters for detection and Coulomb hypersphere classification algorithms.
The efficient and uninterrupted production of high-quality value-added products in strip-processing lines can only be assured by the application of advanced automation and process-control systems. This is particularly true for seamlessly linked processing lines where the varying speeds of the individual plant facilities have to be optimized to ensure best product quality and maximum output.
Our portfolio of solutions includes the following systems and models
- The Advanced Pickling Set-Point Model (APM) for uniform pickling
- The Automatic Strip-Quality Detection System to gather and classify all quality data
- The Steel Quality Manager to document quality of discrete strip segments
- Adaptive Elongation Control to achieve closest elongation tolerances
- DynaWipe for fully automatic zinc thickness control
- Closed-Loop Galvannealing Process Control to control the iron content in galvannealed coatings
- And Fully Automatic Pickling Liquor Analysis and Control (FAPLAC) to ensure optimal pickling results
- Reproducible and consistently high product quality
- Higher product yields and output
- Full transparency of all process and quality-relevant data
- Reduced maintenance with automatic diagnostic systems
- Process simulation and thorough pretesting of entire automation system
- Fast line start-up
Steel Authority of India (SAIL), Bokaro, India
Type of plant
Electrolytic strip cleaning line within Cold Rolling Mill
Electrolytic cleaning line from Primetals Technologies is an efficient solution for strip cleanliness by removing iron fines and oil film from the surface. Our electrolytic solution is a must to achieve optimum performance.