Markets served by customers include transport, construction and packaging. An accurate mill setup is crucial for meeting quality requirements. For this reason, Primetals Technologies cold rolling mills use physical on-line process models. Our solutions also feature fully integrated process control, automation and drive systems using industry-standard platforms to allow for optimum rolling results at any time.
An accurate mill setup is crucial for meeting quality requirements. For this reason, Primetals Technologies cold rolling mills use physical on-line process models. Our solutions also feature fully integrated process control, automation and drive systems using industry-standard platforms to allow for optimum rolling results at any time.
An integrated solution
With an integrated solution, benefits include maximized production, optimum yield, tight tolerances for strip quality, flatness and thickness as well as production flexibility. This provides a series of features which contribute to minimizing downtime whilst providing low cost plant operation and maintenance. The cold rolling solution is dictated by the specific process and material finish requirements.
Our cold mill portfolio and experience comprises:
- Breakdown mills
- Thin-strip mills
- Tandem mills ( Two, three & four stand)
- Foil mills
- Our mills provide both strip breakdown reduction and finishing capability, offering flexibility for the production of a wide product range from a single mill configuration.
- The fully integrated automation and drive enables automated equipment sequencing for efficient mill operation.
- We are a single source supplier for mechanical, electrical and automation equipment
- Our cutting edge technologies help improve quality significantly
- Modular automation packages allow you to fine-tune your processes to fit your current needs
Primetals Technologies offers a full range of mill stand technologies including:
- Patented actuator technology (Universal Crown Mill (UCM) Six High, Dynamic Shape Roll)
- Edge wipe strip drying
- Roll coolant filters
- Integral Solenoid Valve (ISV) spray bars
- Vapor Shield fume cleaning and rolling oil recovery
- Schneider Filter
- Heavy Duty Airbearing Shapemeter and Airbearing Shapemeter rolls
- Fara Oiler
- Hot Edge Sprays
- Induction Heating
- A range of flatness sensors to suit your particular product.
Continuous improvements of the quality of rolled aluminum products together with increasing demands regarding mill uptime and productivity are strongly supported by new developments and enhanced functionality of Primetals Technologies electric and automation applications for rolling mills. Today's demands for flexible and economic production of aluminum plate, aluminum strip or foil can only be met by electrical and automation solutions, that are based on profound knowledge and a deep understanding of the aluminum rolling technology. This kind of know how in combination with our expertise in mathematics, physics, control algorithms, mechanical, hydraulics and electrical engineering qualify Primetals Technologies to design and develop technological process models, high-performance control systems, reliable and mill proven drive systems, as well as all other electrical equipment necessary for the operation of rolling mills. In short, Primetals Technologies is able to supply complete mills or rolling mill equipment from one source. All our solutions are well approved and have been optimized in many applications with well-established customers all over the world.
Modern automation concept for improved product quality on Aluminum Hot Mills
Technological controls and process models are the core of our modern automation concept with the goal of maximizing utilization of the mechanical, electrical, hydraulic and other controlled equipment. The control concepts have evolved with the increasing performance of the equipment and increasing demands in terms of tolerances of the final product– from simple analog PI controllers to highly complex and interlinked control systems. These controls and process models are nowadays integrated and the added value is well seen in the resultant strip quality.
These added values are:
- Improved gauge tolerances,
- Less off-gauge material,
- Perfect profile and flatness to meet growing demands worldwide.
- Maximum throughput
Scalable Technological Control Systems for Aluminum Hot Mills
These highly standardized EA packages have modular design and defined interfaces.
- Short delivery times thanks to the use of standardized components with high availability
- Fast start-up due to a field-proven solution with references around the world
- High product quality due to integrated suite of quality control functions
- Compact design with highly integrated components and allow installation even in confined areas
- Trouble free implementation due to modular design for new mill plants as well as for upgrades, extensions and revamps also of 3rd party systems
- Additional upgrades with add-on packages allow state-of the art improvements of functionality, strip quality and higher mill productivity even as a later retrofit
- Attractive CAPEX due to standardized solutions
Integrated Digital Drive Systems
Integrated fully digital systems with full capability of technological and diagnostic performance are designed for drive control using high speed multi-microprocessors.
Flexible applications range from single drives with pinion gears to integrated drive systems for twin-drive and tandem-drive. DC converters, AC cyclo-converter drives and AC multilevel drives, cover the wide range of power and voltage ratings required. Comprehensive software development tools and libraries are supplied as part of the system. Diagnostic capabilities with local display of messages, operator control and monitoring are included in the applications.
Process rolling models provide optimum setup and gains for production process control
The core of the automation system is the set-point calculation module on the basis of online process models and rolling directives. The philosophy behind our process models combines physically modelling wherever possible with artificial neural networks, e.g. to describe the influence of specific alloy elements – thus combining robustness with high precision.
The advantages of online process models in combination with neural networks for adaptation in process automation include the more accurate set points and easy matching of new materials. Primetals Technologies process automation also optimizes product quality by permitting a very high degree of flexibility in creating the parameters for the rolling directives. Rolling directives are derived automatically from the specific material characteristics of the alloy to be rolled.
General benefits are:
- Steep start-up curves as the "physical knowledge" from many mills is available right from the start
- High accuracy through making use of the experience gained from rolling many thousands of strip mills
- Extension of behavior to new alloys and to new dimensions
- Ability to double-check results to ensure they are physically meaningful - no "black box feeling".
Experience on Aluminum Hot Mills
Over the recent decades Primetals Technologies has successfully automated literally dozens of Aluminum Hot Mill all over the world, cooperating with world-class Aluminum producers. The range of Primetals Technologies references covers the full range of Hot mill applications including Plate Mills, Roughing Mills, single stand Reversing Finishing Mills and multi-stand Tandem Hot Mills.
C. S. Aluminium Corporation
Type of Plant:
Product thickness: min.0.1mm
Width range: 1,000mm～2,150mm
Max Rolling Speed: 2,000mpm
Spool size: 3 kinds length